Benefits of CWIP Membership
There are so many great reasons to join Chicago Women in Publishing. In addition to becoming a part of the CWIP community of publishing professionals, you have direct access to some of the movers and shakers in the Chicago publishing world. The networking opportunities are amazing, and CWIP also hosts free mixers with other local professional organizations. Check out the CWIP Events Calendar. Most events are open to the public, but CWIP members attend for free or at preferred pricing.
You will easily be able to integrate into our community and learn everything you need to know to start or expand your career in the publishing field. The CWIP Corporate Membership offers local organizations a substantial savings and some special benefits just for partnering with CWIP. Join CWIP now.
Some additional individual member benefits include:
- CWIP's Professional members can attend our ongoing Wednesday night educational events for FREE and at preferred pricing for our other events, such as workshops, a special Fall Kickoff event, and other networking activities. Student and Senior members enjoy preferred pricing for all events.
- The exclusive CWIP Jobvine page allows CWIP members to view new postings for posted job openings within the publishing industry! Some of these jobs are only listed with CWIP because the employers know that many of our members are already prequalified for the necessary publishing skills. Note: Jobvine listings can only be accessed by CWIP members who are logged in through Member Access.
- CWIP members who are freelancers can be a part of the online CWIP Freelance Directory, which lists and profiles CWIP’s independent professionals with a variety of skills and specializations. This directory is searchable for the public, which means any person or company looking for any type of freelancer in the publishing industry can find CWIP members in this valuable directory by job type, experience, or specialty.
- Be a part of the CWIP Speakers Bureau, a group of publishing subject-matter experts that allows our members to present their topics to new audiences and gain increased exposure in the community. Any organization can request a speaker from the CWIP Speakers Bureau.
- Join our free members’ Mentorship Program, where you can meet one-on-one with a mentor or mentee with similar experience and goals and attend events with the entire mentorship group to network, gain valuable insight, and get advice from the professionals.
- CWIP members get a 10% discount on the prestigious editing certificate program at the UC Graham School, one of the few certificate programs in the country. This discount can be worth up to $500! Call the Graham School for all the details and to register (773.702.1722).
- CWIP sponsors free networking mixers with other professional organizations in Chicago, so as a member you'll be invited to these exclusive events to mingle with people in the industry you need to know.
- Get involved with CWIP by serving on the CWIP board, a committee, or simply helping with a program. It's is a great way to sharpen your existing skills or develop new ones. You’ll also make new friends, network with publishing professionals, and add valuable experience to your résumé.
- We also have a members-only Online Forum, where CWIP members can communicate privately and directly with those CWIP members who belong to the various Groups by topic. Note: This page can only be accessed by CWIP members who are logged in through Member Access.
- The CWIP blog is a place where members can shine and help our Blog Content Editor post under your own byline.
- The CWIP Membership Directory is a useful resource for CWIP members to contact and network with other members. Note: This page can only be accessed by CWIP members who are logged in through Member Access.
- CWIP members can join APSS (Association of Publishers for Special Sales) at a discounted rate of only $60 (a $30 savings!) because CWIP is a partner organization. The APSS is a treasure trove of book sales and marketing opportunities for those interested in selling to the very large non-bookstore market.
- CWIP sends a bimonthly electronic newsletter called eCWIP to update members on CWIP happenings and other industry events around town.
- Our website has a new Chat Feature that allows CWIP members who are logged to be able to immediately private message any other member, much like Facebook's messaging feature.