To submit an event from your organization: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an idea for a CWIP event: email@example.com
Upcoming CWIP Events
CWIP 2015 Publishing Fair
This first-ever, exciting CWIP event will host local publishers, authors, recruiters, and career advisers, who will set up booths and network with CWIP members. These booths will include companies and professionals who can help to market your services, share job opportunities, sell your books, or gain exposure in the Chicagoland publishing community. This is an excellent opportunity for attendees to meet and mingle with members of different publishing organizations. This event is sponsored by Reedsy.com, a carefully curated marketplace of editors and designers, where authors can access the team behind their books to make sure they create something readers will fall in love with.Reaching readers is not just about finding them, it's about presenting your work when it's in the best shape possible.
Titles of showcasing companies and their contact information:
- Business Development with Alliance for Creative Professionals, Jon Schickendaz
- Stella Lucente, Kathryn Occhipinti, Author/Owner
- Curbside Splendor, Naomi Huffman, Managing Editor
- University of Chicago Press, Christie Henry, Managing Editor
- Agate Publishing, Kate DeVivio and Doug Seibold, Marketing/Publicity
- Red Anemone Books, authors Christine Todd and Jean-Michel Smith
- Lake Claremont Press, Sharon Woodhouse, President
- Kim Bookless, Publishing Consultant for Self-Published Authors
- Independent Writers of Chicago (IWOC), Cynthia Tomusiak
- Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA), Julia Lobo
- First Class Literary Journal, Joe Engleman
- Chicago Review Press, Mary Kravenas, Marketing/Publicity
Wednesday, January 21, 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
5:30 to 6:00 p.m. - Pre-event networking
6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Attendees can visit with the numerous publishing companies and professionals
8:00 to 8:30 p.m. – Post-event networking
Twenty-third floor in Suite 2310 of the Four40 building, 440 S. LaSalle St., Chicago, IL 60603
$9 parking in the Four40 building underground parking at Financial Pl. and Congress Blvd. for attendees with parking validation.
Sign up by Monday, January 19 for discounted registration fee.
Register online now: https://cwip.formstack.com/forms/publishingfair
By mail: Send a check payable to CWIP, P.O. Box 268107, Chicago, IL 60626
By phone at 773.508.0351
On or before January 19: CWIP Basic Members $10; nonmembers $25; students with ID $10.
After January 19: CWIP Basic Members $15; nonmembers $30; students with ID $15.
The event is free for CWIP Premium Members.
Cash or check only at the door. No refunds.
Regional Networking GroupsJust around the corner»
Around Town: Chicago Publishing Events
Watch this space for upcoming summer events around town!
Upcoming 2013-2014 CWIP Events
CWIP 2015 Publishing Fair, January 21
November 2013 Mentoring Program
May 2013 Program
Author Reading: Joe Meno
March 2013 Program
February 2013 Program
2013 Freelance Edge
January 2013 Program
December 2012 Program
The Holiday Party
October 2012 Program
LinkedIn Strategies Panel
September 2012 Program
Fall Kickoff with Publishing Entrepreneur Randi Brill
May 2012 Program
An Evening with Erica O'Rourke
April 2012 Program
Leadership and Your Professional Presence
March 2012 Program
Taking Charge: Project Management for Publishing Professionals
February 2012 Program